Online Blackjack Tips
We have listed a number of blackjack tips on this page,
these are general tips so make sure you full understand the rules
and payouts of the exact version of blackjack you intend to play before
applying these tips as some of these tips may not be advantageous
to some versions of the game.
1. Where allowed always split a pair of Aces or a pair
of Eight's, regardless of what the dealer's showing card is.
2. Never split a pair of Tens or Pair of Face Cards.
3. Always stand on hard 12 or higher if the dealer is
showing 4, 5 or 6.
Note: A hand is called Hard if it does not include an
Ace so Hard 12 could be made up of 3 of Spades and 9 of Diamonds.
You should however split on Soft 12 which would be made up of two
Aces in which case regardless of what the dealer is showing you should
4. Always Hit on Soft 13, 14 ,15 ,16 and 17 regardless
of what the Dealer is showing, this tip does not apply to Vegas Downtown
or Vegas Strip Blackjack.
5. Always hit if your hands value is between 5 and 8.
6. If the value of your hand is 10 or 11 and the dealer
is showing a card with a value of 9 or less you should always double
7. Standing on 17 and lower relies entirely on the dealer's
busting to win. Since you cannot bust a soft hand with just one hit,
do the following:
i) Hit soft 13 through 17 against a dealer's 7 or higher
ii) With hands of three or more cards, always hit soft 13 through
iii) Double down with two-card soft 13 through 17 against a dealer's
5 or 6. (You can only double down with your first two cards)
iv) Double down soft 17 against a dealer's 3
v) Double down soft 15 through 17 against a dealer's 4
vi) Hit a soft 18 if the dealer's up card is 9, 10 or Ace , stand
on soft 18 if the dealer's up card is 2, 7 or 8, and double down if
the dealer shows a 3, 4, 5 or 6
vii) Always stand on soft 19 or higher.
8. If the Dealer has a 5 or 6 showing, he is more likly to bust than
usual, so generally splitting is the more favourable option for the
9. Learn the Strategy charts for the specific blackjack game you
are playing, they are designed to give the player the best chance
of winning. Visit our Blackjack
Strategy page to learn how to use Blackjack strategy charts.